Quebecor Media Inc.
Quebecor Media Inc. is a Canadian media company. Quebecor Inc. owns the controlling interest with 54.72% while CDP Capital d’Amrique Investissements Inc. owns the remaining 45.28%. It owns and operates the following companies:Quebecor Media's wide range of media properties enables it to execute "convergence" strategies that are sometimes criticized. When the TVA television network was running the program Star Acadmie (sort of a French-language "American Idol"-type program), it was heavily cross-promoted: TVA would mention it in the "entertainment" segment of news broadcasts, the newspaper Le Journal de Montral would run several pages on it, magazines would run articles on it, and so forth.
Quebecor Media Inc. Twitter Mentions
Latest Quebecor Media Inc. News RSS Feed
Quebecor Inc. ("Quebecor" or the "Corporation") (TSX:QBR. A)(TSX:QBR. B) today reported its consolidated financial results for the first quarter of 2012. Quebecor consolidates the financial results of its Quebecor Media Inc. ("Quebe. . .
MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire -05/09/12)- Quebecor Inc. ("Quebecor" or the "Corporation") (QBR. A)(QBR. B) today reported its consolidated financial results for the first quarter of 2012. Quebecor consolidates the financial results of i. . .
MONTREAL, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 05/01/12 -- Sun Media Corporation, a subsidiary of Quebecor Media Inc. , is pleased to announce the acquisition of Pub Extra magazine, which is distributed monthly to close to 190,000 homes on Montreal's North. . .
TORONTO, ONTARIO, Mar 14, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Sun Media Corporation announces the launch of four new community newspapers serving more than 400,000 homes in Ontario. The new weeklies will begin arriving on doorsteps in Ottawa, Windsor, K. . .
Montreal, February 2nd 2012 – Quebecor Media is proud to join forces with Saguenay entrepreneurs to form a new Quebec video game company called BlooBuzz. On the strength of Quebecor Media’s majority stake, BlooBuzz will be develop. . .