12th March 2014
12th March 2014
11th March 2014
7th March 2014
6th March 2014
- Peter Houston's Big Problem: I was probably wrong about the need for fully formed digital magazines
- Video: 6 approaches to product development, from Google, Spotify, the Guardian and more
- Trinity Mirror CEO: 'You will not be successful in charging for straightforward news'
- BuzzFeed advertising VP: 'Don’t get stuck in the world of banners'
- Top Right Group CEO: 'We don’t want to run a business underpinned by advertising'
- Immediate Media CEO: 'It's about thinking like a retailer'
12th March 2014 09:30
Launching a news channel is a fairly obvious extension of what VICE have been doing for the past several years with their increasingly news-led documentary production, but a hard news vertical is a different ballgame that poses different challenges. We spoke to VICE UK's head of video, Al Brown, about how they are approaching the news game online.
12th March 2014 07:00
Peter Houston used to believe a digital magazine needed to be fully formed before it was released into the wild. Here he explains why he is changing his mind.
11th March 2014 09:00
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to product development. Last week we invited a host of speakers to talk about the end-to-end development process at our This Is Product Development conference. Here's a video roundup of some of the talks.
10th March 2014 11:15
There truly is an app for everything, and the market is only getting bigger. For some, fashion apps may be the “it” accessory and might even be as important as the purse carrying their designer handset. It’s time to think of the app on the mobile device less as just another distribution channel for issues, and more as a content hub for building a relationship with your end user.
7th March 2014 08:10
“You will not be successful trying to charge for straightforward news,” Trinity Mirror’s CEO Simon Fox said at Digital Media Strategies. Talking about the ongoing paywall debate, Fox said: “It’s quite obvious that you can’t charge for information that it is out there for free."